Add Meta Tags in Blogger Template for Better SEO
SEO Meta tags are most important tags in html (for any blog) which is basically used by the Search Engine and not for your blog’s visitor to know what is your blog all about. Meta tags not display on the page but its show in search engine results of your website and it give search engines more detailed information about your blog.
Here at SoftFunda, I explained How to Add SEO Meta Tags to Blogger Template for Better SEO. Meta tags are further divided into meta description, meta keywords, meta robots etc. and you have to put meta tags in head section of your blog template. Google bots read Meta tags of blog and give this information to Google search engine to show your website in Search Engine results Pages (SERP).
Put SEO Meta Tags to Blogger (Blosgpot Blog) for Better SEO:
By default Blogger blogs doesn’t have Meta Tags. So, you have to manually put these SEO Meta Tags in your Blogger Template for better SEO (i.e Search Engine Optimization) of your blogspot blog. Follow the simple steps of this tutorial to learn How to Add Meta Tag description manually in Blogger Template –
- Login to Blogger > Go to Dashboard > Template > Edit Html.
- Below are the Meta Tags code, you have do some changes. Just copy whole code, paste it to notepad and replace the words which are marked in blue color.
<!— Meta Tags by softfunda.com —>
<meta content=‘Describe Your Blog Here’ name‘=’description‘/>
<meta content=’Keyword1,Keyword2,Keyword3‘ name=’keywords‘/>
<meta content=’Type Your Author Name Here‘ name=’Author‘/>
<meta content=’Enter Your Email Id‘ name=’Email‘/>
<meta content=’all‘ name=’robots‘/>
<meta content=’index, follow‘ name=’robots‘/>
<meta content=’Your Language‘ name=’language‘/>
<meta content=’Your Country‘ name=’country‘/>
<meta content=’blogger‘ name=’generator‘/>
<!— /Meta Tags by softfunda.com —>
- Now find <head> and put given SEO Meta Tags in your blogger blog template below <head>. (You can also put these SEO Meta Tags just above </head>. Actually, you can put it anywhere between <head> and </head>).
- Click on Save Template. You’r done.
- You have successfully added SEO Meta Tags in your blog.
Syntax For SEO Meta Tags-
Meta tags always goes inside the <head> element like this.
SEO Meta tags
SEO Meta tag is the very important tag in html page which is used to optimize the page for search engines.
So, this is a simple tutorial to ADD Meta Tags in Blogspot Blog template for better SEO. Don’t forget to share.